Friday, November 27, 2009

Lucky 13

With only three races left in the season, I'm sitting at 13th place overall in the UTCX singlespeed class. Plently of room for improvement. I thought riding a SS mountain bike all year long would leave me in great shape for cross racing. Turns out, almost all the races are totally flat and reward those with some power in their legs. Not so great for sparrow boned climbers.



But the series makes another stop in Draper on Saturday. The Draper course was where I had my best result earlier in the season. It has at least one climb and more of a mountain bike feel to it. I'm not sure I can make up much ground in the overall points standings but racing on the home court course could better my chances.

If you're local and haven't tried cyclocross yet, now is your chance.












No comments: